Literally anybody, as long as you can swim. However, if you’re younger than eight you need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Apart from that there’s no age limit, if you fancy a try give it a go! Lessons are pitched at a level suited to your ability whether you’re a complete novice that’s never been in the sea before or a professional standard rider. Our instructors are all trained lifeguards and qualified coaches with many years of experience.
We have limited car parking available on site at £3.00 for half a day. If this car park is full or unavailable there are two pay and display car parks within 200 metres of our centre.
All year round, every day of the year except Christmas Day.
We have a range of lessons starting from £38. They last approximately two hours and include instruction, insurance and equipment. Some of our packages offer extras such as Professional Water Photography and a Progression Log to help you get more from your experience.
If you want to get the most out of bodyboarding we strongly recommend you book one of our Bodyboard Weekends, they’re fantastic value, are open to all abilities and you’ll see fast results.
To book a lesson, either click here or call us on 01637 879571. Lessons are run at times to suit you and, of course, the tide conditions. Please book your lessons well in advance to avoid disappointment as they’re very popular!
If your lesson is at 10am please arrive on time, at 10am. There is no need to arrive early and please don’t be late. If you are running late, please call us to let us know before the lesson starts.
Just swim wear and a towel. Of course, if you have your own bodyboard, wetsuit and fins then please bring them along. Otherwise we can totally kit you out.
We lock your belongings in safe storage boxes which remain locked until your lesson ends. There’s also a storage area for your clothing and centrally heated changing rooms.
All abilities are welcome as we have multiple instructors to ensure that everybody gets tutored to their ability level.
If you are totally new to bodyboarding it is great to have a structured approach to see you improve quickly and really get the most out of the sport and the ocean.
We have developed a progression log so that after each bodyboarding lesson we can focus on what you have achieved and where you will take your riding form here.
- By logging your progress you will reach your goals more quickly and maximise your performance.
- The Progression Log certifies the stage that you have achieved with your bodyboarding from one session to another and can be used as a reference point for your instructor to keep you on track with your improvements.
Most of our lesson include photography. Our expert instructors are never far away from you during your session. Using cameras in waterproof housings they take shots of you during your lessons.
- Not only do these shots provide an awesome memory of you bodyboarding, they also work as a really useful tool for you to refer to after the lesson and analyse your style and technique.
- Many of the riders that have had lessons with us have had shots printed to take pride of place on their bedroom wall or they’ve used a favourite for their Facebook profile picture.
- Your images are will be available for download by you after your session.
There are heaps of places to stay at just round the corner from our base, simply ask upon booking. Alternatively, check out this great Newquay accommodation page for the best places in town.
We are linked to The Bodyboard-Depot, just 300m from our Bodyboard-School which offers the best range of kit suiting all ages, abilities and budgets. Check it out for unrivalled advice, they also offer great discounts if you’ve booked a lesson.