Fastest Bodyboarding Improvements Ever!
Report by Rob Barber
Images by Joe Funo Photography
Our September bodyboard coaching weekends are a safe bet for good waves and weather and yet again this one didn’t disappoint. Fun 2-4 foot waves, offshore winds and sunny weather served up some fantastic conditions.
The crew enjoyed the following;
- Welcome meeting and goal setting
- A session at a high tide wedge wave that saw the crew working on paddling, catching wedgey waves and el rollo’s.
- The session was photographed so over lunch we reviewed the footage
- We then headed back to the beach to practice spins.
- The session was video’d and we reviewed the footage to see that 3 of the 6 guys on the course had come incredibly close to landing their first spins and rolls.
- On Saturday evening we enjoyed a pizza as the sun set over Fistral beach.
- Sunday morning saw us hit the road to enjoy the awesome four-foot waves and sunny weather.
- The guys had a quick stop in the Bodyboard-Depot to look at the range of boards, fins and leashes. Rob delivered a presentation about what would work best for each individual in the conditions that they bodyboard in.
- By the end of the Sunday session Dion Hunt from Ilfracombe had set a new standard for bodyboard weekends by landing a spin and a roll after 48 hours of trying!
- After a hearty Sunday roast dinner, the crew were presented with a goodie bag of bodyboarding gifts to take home with them and Dion was presented with a special trophy of an Indonesian hand carved bodyboard in respect of his awesome achievement.
Another cracking weekend, with a plan from some of the crew to attend future bodyboard coaching holidays and to put in to practice their new skills!